Monday, March 2, 2009

Domestic Activism


I admit it: as my life changes, the things, the causes, I'm most passionate about change along with it. I used to think of myself as an activist; now I'm lucky to consider myself at all. I think that's OK, so long as I don't become so bland that I forget that it's not all about the dishes, the laundry, the house, the big aspirations yet unmet. So long as I don't forget that life is messy, and sometimes that's when it's best.

For those of you who find yourselves with messes you're worried about, for those of you who feel like you're out of juice; for those of you whose cups are runnething over, I salute you.

3 comments:

Laura Benedict said...

It's not about the dishes? Then it must be about dogs!

Jody Reale said...

It's pretty much always about the dogs.

Unknown said...

Runnething? Oh Jody, this is why I adore your writing.

My cup runneth'd over just when I had a Mutiny on the Bounty and I had to run to the store to pick up a quicker picker upper...

eth.